High School Seniors graduating spring 2020:
Please submit your Gibbon Baptist Church Ruth Ice Scholarship Application to the church office by Sunday, May 20, 2020.
- Please submit a written or typed application – no emails
- The Scholarship Committee will contact you to set up a personal interview
2020 Renewal Information for Continuing Education
Applicants should submit a formal letter (no emails), each year, requesting the renewal of their scholarship. This letter should include the following:
- A brief statement about their current academic goals and direction for their future (along with a current address & phone number)
- A brief statement about how they have seen God working in their life or in other situations that they have witnessed
- The address of the financial aid office at the school they are currently attending
Letters should be brought in or sent to the following address:
c/o Gibbon Baptist Church Office
P.O. Box 250
Gibbon, NE 68840-0250
Continuing Ed. applications for summer school may also be submitted now.
Continuing Ed. applications for the 2020-2021 college year are due no later than May 20, 2020 .
Footnote: The GBC Ruth Ice Scholarship Fund was established from a gift from Ruth Ice. Ruth, a GBC member, school teacher and Sunday School teacher proclaimed her interest in young people and the importance of education in their lives. The GBC Ruth Ice Scholarship was increased, back in 2008, to include applicants who would like to renew their scholarship for their sophomore, and/or junior years of college. In May of 2013 this was increased again to include college seniors and those pursuing advanced degrees.