Gibbon Baptist Church traces its history back to First Regular Baptist Church, an American Baptist congregation established in Gibbon in 1872. The church was reorganized as Gibbon Baptist Church on July 21, 1888.
In 1889, Gibbon Baptist Church built its first building at the corner of 2nd and Court Streets. A major addition and remodel was completed on that facility in 1949. Since 1976, this building has served as the Gibbon Heritage Center and is now listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Since 1966, Gibbon Baptist Church has worshiped at our current location at 7th and Court Streets.